Our Legal Technology Services
Zelle Hofmann has invested in people, processes and technology to offer cost-effective in-house alternatives to vendors. Our Legal Technology Group (LTG) personnel have advanced training in E-discovery rules, technology and processes designed to efficiently manage and search huge volumes of data.
Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) diagram below is a frequently used framework for discussing the stages of the electronic discovery process. Zelle Hofmann Information Law practitioners provide advice and counsel on the legal aspects of electronic discovery, particularly what is often referred to as the “left hand” side of the EDRM, while our Legal Technology Group focuses on providing key legal technology.
Preservation & Collection
- Using BIA TotalDiscovery, preserve and collect data from laptop and desktop computers and shared network drives, online email accounts, social media accounts, and other networked data sources.
- ESI processing workflows are designed to maintain defensibility, avoid spoliation, protect against loss or alteration, and track chain of custody
- Apply optical character recognition (OCR) to scanned documents
- Apply batch coding
- Create or convert database load files
- Remove system and application files (a/k/a De-NIST)
- Convert native files to TIFF or PDF images
- Extract text from native files, including metadata, in English and most foreign languages
- Identify and remove duplicate files (a/k/a Deduplicate)
- Filter ESI by various metadata fields, including dates, names, email addresses, etc.
- Cluster similar documents to include or exclude in bulk for subsequent review
- Identify near-duplicates for subsequent review
- Run concept searches to locate documents based on semantic themes
- Conduct Social Networking Analysis (SNA) to determine key custodians and witnesses, communication patterns, and focus on the most likely sources of valuable evidence
- Create batches of similar, likely relevant documents for improved review speed
- Web-based, state of the art review platform that can be accessed from anywhere in the world using the same web data transfer security protocols used by most major financial institutions, and is scalable for reviews of nearly any size
- Review native documents, TIFF images, extracted text and metadata in unified platform
- Implement advanced coding options and workflows
- Foreign language text compatible, including Chinese, Japanese, Korean, German, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Arabic, and more
- Create and check-out/in batch review sets for managing large scale document reviews
- Produce natives, TIFFs and load files with metadata as required.
- Apply multiple redactions and highlighting to documents for different productions
- Bates stamp and endorse documents as required
- Simultaneous exports of multiple productions
- Producing witness and deposition binders
- Transcript management
- Video synchronization with transcripts
- Electronic linking of transcripts and exhibits
- Developing fact outlines and tracking of potential exhibits and the cast of characters (parties, custodians, deponents, witnesses)
- Manual and auto-creation of digital timelines
- Digital graphical presentations for hearings and trial