- Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, J.D., Environmental Specialization Certificate, 2001; Prosser Prize in Torts; Berkeley Women's Law Journal, Article Editor
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Environmental Science, high honors, 1995
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Court: California
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals: Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court: Northern District of California; Central District of California
Judith A. Zahid
44 Montgomery Street
San Francisco CA 94104
With a practice devoted entirely to complex litigation – primarily in the area of antitrust and unfair competition – Judith is a trusted advocate for clients in high-stake cases. Her representative matters include price-fixing and monopolization claims, which often have an international component, as seen in In Re Lithium Ion Batteries Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.), In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.), In re Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) Antitrust Litigation (N.D. Cal.) and In re Intel Corp. Microprocessor Antitrust Litigation (D. Del.).
On the LCDs lead counsel team, Judith managed all key aspects of the LCDs case—the nation’s largest indirect-purchaser antitrust class action—and achieved a record-breaking $1.082 billion all-cash settlement on behalf of consumer class members. Her experience leading LCDs and other cases has given her a firm handle on how to overcome complex legal challenges, work effectively with economic and industry experts, and master complicated electronic discovery issues.
In Lithium Ion Batteries, the Court recently appointed Judith as the Interim Liaison Class Counsel for Direct Purchaser Plaintiffs.
Her experience also includes successfully defending against individual price discrimination claims on behalf of a national pet products retail chain and a major oil company.
Since 2011, Judith has served as the Chair of the Antitrust Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco, and has been twice selected to participate in the American Bar Association Antitrust Section’s International Civil Redress Task Force.
A native San Franciscan, Judith is the Hiring Partner for the firm's San Francisco office. She also serves on the firm's Diversity Committee and is a national board member of the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF).
Articles & Presentations
"Survival of the Fittest: Thriving in a Culture of Change,” Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), March 20, 2013, moderator
"Hypothetical in Action – Class Certification, FTAIA and CAFA," CLE International Group’s Antitrust Conference, February 22, 2013, co-presenter
"Selecting and Working with Experts in Antitrust," Antitrust Section of the American Bar Association, January 14, 2013, co-presenter
"Antitrust & Price-Fixing Attorneys Panel," Hastings Law Trial Association, October 29, 2012, panelist
"Complex Case Management: An In-Depth Survey of Best Practices for Managing Antitrust Class Actions," Women Antitrust Plaintiffs' Attorneys annual conference, October 12, 2012, panelist
"Pre-complaint activities," American Antitrust Institute's "Private Enforcement of Antitrust Law in the United States: A Handbook," September 2012, chapter co-author
"A Plaintiff and Defense Lawyer’s How To on Working With Economists in Antitrust Cases," Antitrust Section of the Bar Association of San Francisco, July 16, 2012, co-presenter
The Law of Pricing, Including Resale Price Maintenance in California After Leegin, State Bar of California's 21st Annual Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute, October 27, 2011, presenter
"Pre-claim Activities," The American Antitrust Institute’s International Handbook on Private Enforcement of Competition Law, December 2010, chapter co-author
CAFA From a Plaintiff Lawyer's Perspective, ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section's Business Litigation Committee Newsletter (Fall 2006), co-author (C. Corbitt)
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section, Civil Redress Committee, Vice-Chair
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Antitrust Section, Chair
- California Bar Association, Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section, Member
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), National Advisory Board Member
- Women Antitrust Plaintiffs’ Attorneys (WAPA)
Judith was named a Northern California "Rising Star" for 2009, 2010 and 2011 (Antitrust Litigation) by San Francisco magazine. She was named a "Super Lawyer" in antitrust litigation for 2012 and 2013 by San Francisco magazine.
In 2012, Judith was recognized as ‘one to watch’ and, in 2013, noted as an “up-and-comer,” “great case organizer and determined advocate” in antitrust class action by The Legal 500.
- Zelle Hofmann Attorneys Named Among 2013 Minnesota and Northern California “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”
- Zelle Hofmann Announces Largest-Ever All-Cash Antitrust Consumer Class Settlements, Totaling $1.082 Billion
- Zelle Hofmann Attorneys Named Among 2012 “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars”
- The Legal 500 Ranks Zelle Hofmann Among Top Antitrust Firms for the Fourth Consecutive Year
- Zelle Hofmann Attorneys Obtain Preliminary Approval of $539 Million In LCD Class Action Settlements
- Zelle Hofmann Attorneys Announce Largest All-Cash Indirect-Purchaser Consumer Settlements in LCD Antitrust Case
- Judith Zahid Named Chair of the Bar Association of San Francisco's Antitrust Section
- Zelle Hofmann Attorneys Defeat Antitrust Defense Based on Foreign Conduct
- Judith Zahid Selected to Serve on ABA Section of Antitrust Law's International Civil Redress Task Force
- Zelle Hofmann Attorneys Named 2011 "Super Lawyers" and "Rising Stars"
- Zelle Hofmann Selected to Receive the 2011 Minnesota Women Lawyers’ Leadership Award
- Zelle Hofmann Obtains Summary Judgment in Pet Food Express Ltd. Breach of Contract Dispute
- Judith Zahid Named to Women in Law Empowerment Forum Board
- Zelle Hofmann Attorneys Defeat Summary Judgment Motion On "Secret Rebate" Counterclaim
- Court Orders Flash Memory Defendants to Disclose International Sales Data in Antitrust Action